- To close the education gap by promoting parent leaders in the education system.
- Partner with parent leaders, providing workshops, inform parents about policy changes at the local, state, and federal levels in the education system.
- Work with Somali parents and students to embrace their dual culture while navigating the education system.
- Collectively collaborate with existing organizations that share similar values as SPEB to make meaningful and positive influences to shift the education system.
- Partner with schools to develop culturally responsive methods to communicate/include parent voices.
Inspire Somali parents to become leaders and strong advocates for themselves and their children’s education by providing them with the resources and the support they need.
- Creating Somali Parent leadership in schools.
- Breaching the communication gap and creating culturally sensitive and inclusive schools that build partnerships with the Somali families for the betterment of our students.
- Recognizing and Addressing the educational needs of Somali students.
- To provide the parents their rights and give them the tools to navigate the system as equals.
- Identify culturally responsive way to participate in meetings such as; parent teachers conferences, IEPs and other school related situations.